7.25.2011

A run for F.L.

I am getting ready to meet up with Slade for a run but wanted to do a quick run dedication to F.L and her family. We lost touch after our first move overseas but we still make her fajatis twice a year or more. Last night was the first time we have had them in awhile which got me thinking how I miss her and her family. I mean how can you not think of the woman who taught me and Big Little Brother (BLB) how to burp our alphabets. So I don't think she will see this but if she does. F.L this run is for you and your family. I think of you often.

-runningbear75

Update:
F.L.'s Fajitas (her original recipe)


Yummy blurry homemade fajitas.

Marinade:
3/4 cup soy sauce
2 tablespoons sugar
ground pepper
dash season-all
1 clove minced garlic
1/3 cup chopped onion
1/4 cup ketchup
1/2 cup sherry or 1/8 cup reduced vinegar
juice and zest of 1 lemon
1/2 cup salad oil*

Combine all ingredients and marinade beef overnight. For the beef use round, flank or strip steak.

Slice very thin. I marinade several packages of meat at once then divide marinade and meat into zip-lock bags and freeze for later use. Then grill, broil or fry meat.

My notes: * my mom uses less but in the spirit of a post about F.L. I am writing out the original recipe as it appears in my little composition notebook. If you are going to fry the meat in a skillet slice it before you apply the heat. However, if you are going to grill it I think it is easier to leave the piece of beef whole and then slice after it is cooked.

The beef is shown in a tortilla with rice, beans, jicama, avocado, tomato, mango and cilantro.

It also goes great in quesdillas the next day or on top of a salad. Have fun with it, it is your food and F.L has always encouraged fun.

Or the veggie version for my vegan friends (C-bear!).

No comments:

Post a Comment