7.02.2011

So this is really happening.

With finishing sitting all four parts of my certification a milestone birthday coming up and coming out of a convulted personal time I was looking for something to answer the question: "What are you going to do with all of that free time?" With anywhere from 2 to 6 hours after work on week nights and 16+ hours on the weekend that is more time than just "sleep" could answer.

My certification taxed me mentally and to a degree I will argue it taxed me physically (yes sitting for 20 hrs+ and staying awake that long gets physical) but I wanted to challenge myself physically and mentally outdoors and having NOTHING to do with work and something outside of my comfort zone. Ding (that is my smart idea sound) let's enter the Houston marathon. I have not run since starting my cram fest that is a brilliant idea! And besides the Houston Marathon is lottery based what are the chances???

On June 27th I got two emails One notifying me of my successful completion of all 4 parts of the CPA exam and the second notifying me of a $125 charge to my credit card, I have been selected to run the Houston Marathon.

Oh crap this is happening and neither has sunk in.

So here I lounge (hey I am on vacation) 197 days from race day. I will finish what I started and I plan on doing so while using this blog to track my training, thoughts and motivations.

No comments:

Post a Comment